as some of you were absent since there was a special Portuguese class, we will do the vocabulary test on Wednesday.
So we talked more about the story of Jacob in the video. Here is what we said about it:
The main character (actions)
- He sees / saw his companions being killed.
- His father is / was killed by a soldier in front of him.
- He screams / screamed.
- He tries / tried to escape.
- he is / was shot by a soldier in the right leg.
- He falls / fell down, gets up / got up and limps / limped.
- He frightens / frightened a horse with a torch.
- He kills / killed a soldier.
- He flees / fled his village on a horse.
Present / preterit
Then we continued with reviewing how to build the preterit in English (regular and irregular verbs) + how to pronounce the /ED/ ending.
[t] ---> Le dernier son du mot ne fait pas vibrer les cordes vocales.
- apprendre la leçon
- réviser pour le contrôle de vocabulaire qui n'a pu avoir lieu ce matin.
- commencer à réviser la liste des verbes irréguliers (d'ici deux mois votre liste devra être intégralement connue...).